Monday 26 May 2008

Acceptance

I read a lot of experiences that foreign visitors post about their travels to India. While I sympathize with them, I remember that I used to be one of them. True, when I first moved here, I was more or less a foreigner. I adjusted over time. Now, when I hear them expressing wonder at some of the things they see, I go “Hey, that’s me. That’s my line.” But I’ve lost the right to express things like that. I’m no longer a foreigner, no longer an outsider. How do I express my anguish at what I see around me? They can because it’s contained, it’s wonderment. They are only here for a short time. I have to stay here for years. How can I possibly say all that I have to say if it means I would never be able to shut up?
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment