1. Trek at your own pace. It's not a race. You're not here to compete with the rest of the group.
2. Do not leave the group and wander off alone. If you find you're lagging behind, try to pair up with a buddy.
3. Trek with meat eaters. They carry better food.
4. Trek with pros. They know what they're doing.
5. Never be the first person in a line of trekkers. You will also be the first person to walk into spider webs.
6. Always trek behind girls. In case of backdrafts, they smell better.
7. Never wear flat soled shoes.
8. Always wear a hat.
9. While walking up or down a steep curving bend, it's less effort to walk around the outer edge of the bend, but also longer. It's a trade-off.
10. While walking down a slippery slope, either take long confident strides, or slow measured steps. In the former, you might fall down less, but fall hard. In the latter, you might fall down more often, but lighter. It's a trade-off.
11. While trekking, wear anti-perspirant, not deodorant.
12. It's preferable to trek with girls. Girls talk less while trekking. Guys always have irritating trekking stories. They can't shut up.
13. If you're not a smoker, never trek with smokers.