Wednesday 9 July 2008

Movie Reviews: Since Otar Left, Thumbsucker

Since Otar Left (2003)



On of the best World Cinema movies I've seen, ever. I usually don't get a chance to praise a movie and more importantly recommend it to others but I have to make an exception in this case. This is one of the finest movies I've seen in a long time.

Directed by Julie Berucelli, this 2003 film based in Tbilisi, Georgia is about a grandmother, mother and daughter. The mother and daughter lie to the grandmother when the grandson dies, making her believe he's alive and well. Though somewhat similar in premise to Goodbye Lenin, which is in my opinion another member of the greatest world movies ever made, Since Otar Left manages it's own elements, right down to the different and touching ending.



Thumbsucker (2005)




One of the better products to come out of America, probably because it's an Indie movie. Directed by Mike Mills.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment