Sunday 6 March 2011

Ideal Cream Parlour, Mangalore


Everyone was talking extremely positively about Ideal Ice-Cream in Mangalore - both online and when we got to town. Ideal is supposed to be the no.1 ice-cream/dessert place in Mangalore, with multiple branches set up, and FP & I managed to find one on our last day there.


                                             22 Jan, 2009


Well, I didn't try everything at Ideal, so I can't judge everything there, but I did try their most famous product - the Gadbad. And believe me, the hype didn't live up to expectations.


                                            Photo taken by @fmpinto


The Gadbad involves multiple layers of plain ice-cream scoops interspersed with pieces of fruit and cream. It wasn't bad, it was just average, forgettable, but perhaps that's just me. I'm a chocolate fan, and I feel I've had better ice-cream desserts. I'm sure Mangalore has better things to offer, and the next time I'm in town, and in Ideal, I'm going to try something else, preferably with chocolate.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment